What is Volunteering?
- Volunteering is an unpaid activity where you give your time to help a community group or charity. Unpaid volunteers are often the glue that holds a community together.
- Volunteering support for organisations is vital. Without the 74,500* volunteering hours devoted to our Cheshire East community each week, many of the services and care delivered by our local charitable groups would not be possible.
Who can volunteer?
You can volunteer no matter your age, whether you are in work or not and whether you have any support needs, anyone can volunteer!
If you or anyone you may know has any support needs and holds an interest in volunteering, we at CVS can offer a friendly meeting with one of our staff where your needs are understood, your questions are answered and suitable volunteering opportunities are identified from those available.
What’s the commitment?
- You can volunteer for as many hours as you are able, day time, evenings or at weekends.
- Opportunities range from one-offs to long term, and if you really enjoy the role, then you can volunteer for as long as you like!
- The organisation that you volunteer with will support and guide you, and provide training (if applicable) relevant to your role. You should also be able to claim out of pocket expenses.
Who can I volunteer with?
You could be volunteering for any one of the hundreds of local Cheshire East charities, non profits, community or faith groups who actively advertise opportunities on our website.
What type of roles are available?
- The types of roles available vary depending on the type of support needed by the advertising organisation, not unlike the jobs market.
- Roles can range from office admin, event planning, social media support, gardening fundraising to becoming a trustee. Plus organisations will always welcome any additional skills you may wish to offer.
- New and exciting opportunities are posted each week visit our opportunities section see what’s available today.
Volunteering benefits everyone!
Volunteering is a fantastic way to support your community but it also benefits you.
For young people
- Volunteering can be a fantastic way to gain valuable work experience, add to your CV and increase your prospects of future employment.
For the currently employed
- Volunteering offers a great chance to explore new fields of interest. Whether you are looking for a new direction or diversity in your work life or developing your current skill set and building confidence around them. Volunteering can help.
For the unemployed
- Volunteering offers an opportunity to bolster your CV in pursuit of employment and remain active during your period of unemployment.
Volunteering should not exclude you from receiving benefits, but speak to your advisor before applying for full clarification.
- Volunteering offers the ability to continue to play an active role in the local community, apply your life skills and knowledge in support of a cause and enrich an organisation with your experience.
There is an opportunity out there for everyone. Get started by registering your details on our website today and find the role for you!