Join the team this Christmas as a Volunteer Customer Service Assistant. Our donations and sales increase dramatically from October until Christmas Day, meaning we need extra hands to keep our shop floor looking spick and span (in turn keeping those contributions for Oxfam’s life saving work flowing!)
Do you want to give back this Christmas time?
Oxfam saves lives in disasters. We get clean water running, help people earn a living, grow food and send children to school. We stand up for the rights of women everywhere. And we speak out against injustices that keep people poor. With your help we fight poverty now – and beat it for good.
This Christmas our shop needs extra Volunteer Customer Service Assistants. Our donations and sales increase dramatically from October until Christmas Day, meaning we need extra hands to keep our shop floor looking spick and span (in turn keeping those contributions for Oxfam’s work flowing!)
If you enjoy working in a fun and diverse team and thrive on meeting and talking to people, this could be for you.
• Provide customer service to our shoppers on the till
• Interact with customers, helping them with anything they need
• Receive new donations
• Walk the shop floor, keeping it looking festive, beautiful, and organised
• Assist with any other relevant tasks on the shop floor
• Have fun getting into the Christmas spirit with the rest of the team!
You don't need specific skills or qualifications to volunteer in an Oxfam Shop. However, working as a member of the customer service team the following are desirable:
• An interest in retail/customer service
• Ability to work within the shop guidelines
• Commitment to Oxfam’s values of accountability, inclusivity and empowerment
• Ability to work as part of a team
• A calm and friendly nature
• Willingness to learn
• An eye for detail
• Good communication skills
Reasonable travel and subsistence costs
Oxfam Shop volunteers gain a lot from what they do. You will be joining over 22,000 volunteers to show that "we won't live with poverty".
• You will be given all necessary training and support you need.
• You’ll join a fun, knowledgeable and diverse team who support one another in what they do.
Full training for the role will be provided