Smile Group is a registered perinatal mental health peer support charity operating in Cheshire East. We have a vacancy on the Board of Trustees for someone with professional experience within HR.
Smile Group currently run three peer support groups across Cheshire East for people suffering with perinatal mental health illnesses. These groups are supplemented with counselling sessions and a 1:1 home programme. Over the past year the Trustee Board and charity Directors have overhauled our management plan and are working on our development plan for the coming five years, with hope that this will include expansion of our offering. This makes it a very exciting time to get involved with Smile Group. As a trustee you would,
* Have the opportunity to help develop the Smile Group offering,
* Ensure that all activity is aligned with the charities' purpose and compliant with all Charity Commission requirements,
* Work with other trustees to make sure that the charities' resources are managed responsibly,
Having recently undertaken a skills audit of our Trustee board we are keen to recruit a member with professional HR experience to help with our growing team of both freelance workers and volunteers.
Trustee meetings are held quarterly, with occasional subgroup meetings. In addition to this there is an annual general meeting.
* Commitment to the organisation and upholding its values
* Good, independent judgement and strategic vision
* Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
* Human Resources experience
We have an induction pack for new volunteers.
New trustees are invited to meet and discuss the role with Smile Directors and also existing trustees.
CVS training is available relating to safe guarding and the role of a trustee. Further training opportunities are sought as required.
The role of a trustee.