Great voluntary opportunity to become a Trustee and Treasurer for Bollington Initiative Trust, a well-established charity. BIT is a small development trust based in Bollington, Cheshire with a strong existing Trustee Board.
What difference will you make?
The charity is well established locally. It has successfully retained local land and buildings for public community use rather than them being developed for private gain. We have exciting times ahead with fundraising activity in place to generate funds to develop an old Victorian School into an important family hub for services.
What will you be doing?
- Act as a Trustee.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation.
- Ensure proper records are kept and effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on finances.
- Oversee the production of financial reports, returns, accounts and audits.
BIT's accounts are relatively straightforward with pretty regular income flows and expenditure. The existing Treasurer has been in place for many years and will aid in any handover of the current accounts.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to act as a Trustee
- Preferably, holds an accounting qualification - Chartered, Management, Certified, Public
- Alternatively, as a minimum, must have experience and knowledge of bookkeeping, and financial management
- Good financial analysis skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
There is support available from an experienced Board of Trustees and a formal handover from the existing Trustee and Treasurer.
What's in it for the volunteer?
There is an opportunity to:
- make an important contribution to the local community using your skills and experience for community good
- develop your skills as a Trustee alongside experienced other Trustees
- have fun in a good team
No formal training is required but this specific, personal needs can be discussed with the successful candidate.