Admin Support Volunteer
Our Volunteer Admin Support will be able to offer practical support to our fabulous service administrator .
They will support with the quick and effectively running of a busy admin team, supporting staff, service users and visitors to the service.
Being able to volunteer for a minimum number of hours per week based on the needs of the service/activity.
To help support the work of the admin team, through a range of different administrative tasks including answering calls, taking messages and relaying to staff teams, regular checking of first aid boxes and similar records, checking noticeboards and display boards and keeping them up to date.
• The Shredding of confidential information no longer required at the service.
• Photocopying of documents for multi staff purposes.
• The scanning of confidential documents to client files.
• Setting up welcome packs for dispersed housing to advise service users of local services and utilities.
• Complete inventories for dispersed houses and check when clients move on and make sure everything is in place for when new clients move in , eg order foodbank parcels, contact cleaners, purchase new bedding etc if required.
• Set up and monitor new staff induction packs and any other practical tasks as requested by Administrator and line manager.
ideally we require someone with previous experience of undertaking an administrative role or supporting in an admin role
organized, reliable,confident to communicate via telephone
some basic IT skills and can find their way around a computer
we would also ideally like someone who can remain calm under pressure and has an approachable manner , friendly and sensitive
• Ability to commit to the project for a minimum period of time following Volunteer induction
• Ability to listen to and communicate with Barnardo’s service users, staff and other volunteers
• To be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
• To be reliable and adhere to keeping all commitments and/or appointments as arranged or to let line manager know you will be off in good time
• Good communication skills
• Commitment to Barnardo's Basis and Values
• Commitment to Barnardo's Equality and Diversity Policy
mileage at 45p per mile when travelling between premises
mandatory training via e learning
1 full day and 1 half day session training
any training discussed between line manager and volunteer that is felt to be applicable to the volunteers role