Join our team of Charity shop volunteers, sorting and pricing incoming donations and assisting with the smooth running of the shop.
You do not have to be able to undertake every single task. If you would like to discuss, please give us a call.
1. Sorting sacks of clothes and other goods to decide what is suitable for sale
2. Packing up/disposing of any goods which are not to be sold in the shop
3. Hanging clothes on hangers
4. Pricing goods
5. Putting stock out for display on the shop floor
6. Removing unsold stock from display
7. Helping to keep the shop tidy and attractive
8. Providing assistance to customers in a welcoming and helpful manner
9. Helping with the designing and creation of displays
10. Maintaining the stockroom
11. Taking payment for items off customers and operating the till when recquired.
No special qualifications or experience are needed to work in the shop, as any relevant training will be given. However, the following qualities and skills are important:
1. An interest in the shop, and an enthusiasm for raising money through its work.
2. The ability to work as part of a team and get on with other volunteers in the shop.
3. Able to provide a friendly, high quality service to customers.
4. A commitment to equal opportunities and to treating all individuals who visit or work in the shop with dignity and respect.
5. A willingness to help with a range of tasks in the shop, and to undertake tasks as requested.
7. Able to lift bags and boxes
8. To be confident handling money
9. To engage customers in the work of the Centre and its services
Full training will be provided and staff are available on hand for any queries whilst working.
full training for the role will be provided.