Volunteering with Credit Union and monitoring accounts to see when arrears occur. Instigating process to re-engage members payment of loan.
Post: Arrears and Debt Management Volunteer
Expected Hours: 9.30am – 3pm one day per week
Accountable to: Office Supervisor
Location: Delamere House, Delamere StreAret, Crewe
Role Purpose: To monitor accounts that have entered into arrears and implement the process to recover any arrears. Where appropriate to ensure that timely court action is instigated against members who have taken out loans but have not responded appropriately to other debt collection methods.
Main and Key Areas of Responsibility:
• To monitor accounts to ensure debts are kept to a minimum
• To recover debts without resorting to court action wherever possible
• To liaise with Court Volunteer to ensure timely recovery of debt(s) through Court
Tasks associated with the Role:
• To monitor loan repayments
• To implement recovery processes once loans enter into arrears
• To issue warning letter as appropriate
• To provide Court volunteer with timely account information
• To advise and support Court volunteer in decision making processes
• To provide reports of arrears and debts to Office Supervisor as agreed
Basic maths and english. Understanding of loan repayments and ability to know when loans have not been paid. Instigating a process of letter(s) in stages to try and get repayments back on track.
Two members of staff on sit and an office supervisor. Induction with current volunteer.
Induction with a volunteer who is currently doing this. On sire support from paid employees.