Smile Group are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting. The role will require 3/4 hours a month to handle an average of 10 transactions.
Smile was co-founded in 2011 by two local Mum's who had a shared experience of Perinatal Mental Illness. The charity has expanded over the years and now run three peer support groups weekly across East Cheshire, as well as providing counselling sessions for group attendees and 1:1 support for women with Perinatal Mental Illness.
We are seeking a volunteer bookkeeper. The role will entail:
• Maintaining Smile accounts by inputting, reconciling and allocating transactions.
• Maintaining an orderly accounting filing system.
• Checking invoices.
• Maintaining historical records by filing documents.
• Developing monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
• There may be scope to be involved in funding applications made to support the Smile group and also to contribute in the development of the funding strategy.
We would welcome a covering letter and CV from anyone interested in the position. We will be taking expressions of interest until 29th June. Informal discussions will take place two weeks after this date.
• Commitment to the organisation and upholding its values
• Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
• Attention to detail and thoroughness
• Experience working with data entry and record keeping
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Desirable – an understanding of tax worksheets and computations
• Desirable – experience working with the accounts of a charitable organisation
Mileage is available.
The volunteer will have access to, and support from, a Smile director who has been undertaking the role of bookkeeper for the past year.
The volunteer would be supported by Ruth, a Smile director, while getting used to the role and also while undertaking it. Work would be passed directly to volunteer by Ruth and she would be available to answer any questions.