To assess whether loan applications are suitable/affordable for customers.
Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union is looking for business professionals, community champions and people with leadership qualities who are willing to share their knowledge and skills and volunteer their time. Volunteers are a key part of the credit union and their enthusiasm and commitment is relied upon.
Providing access to low cost loans is at the heart of the CNCU’s aims and objectives, and in order to review and approve loans we rely upon dedicated Volunteer Loans Assessors to scrutinise applications and decline or approve accordingly.
Working closely with the Credit Committee, the Volunteer Loans Assessor will review applications in accordance with guidelines and on the applicant’s ability to pay.
• Computer literate and willing to learn new systems
• Previous experience
• Good numeracy skills
• Work well as part of a team
• Applicant will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement prior to undertaking the role
What skills/attributes are we looking for?
• Good attention to detail
• A methodical approach to tasks
• Willing to develop self knowledge about credit union background, ethos and approach
• Appropriate support and supervision in your role, including any training
• CNCU staff will be available to provide support, advice and guidance
Full training will be provided.