Event First Aid Volunteers provide first aid, occasionally life-saving, services to those who need help at public events and support the ambulance service in accordance with current first aid practice.
As an event first aider, you'll provide first aid care to people injured at public events. This role can see you at sporting events, challenge events, flower shows and festivals, to name but a few.
We are looking for people able to commit to 6 days training and 12 events per year. These mainly take place at weekends plus a training group of an evening.
You don't need any previous first aid experience to become a first aider - we will give you all the training you need.
We also pay reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
We are currently looking for new volunteers in Winsford, Knutsford, Stafford, Haslington, Wilmslow and Chester.
As a first aider you will need great interpersonal, diplomacy, communication and teamwork skills. We are also looking for someone who is:
- In possession of, or be willing to work towards, a recognised first aid qualification, or listed exemption, as laid down by the British Red Cross.
- Understanding of the needs of service users of different ages, differing physical needs and varying background
- Willing to regularly attend first aid group training and first aid events (especially over the summer months)
- Must be physically fit to undertake all of the procedures as detailed in the current edition of the first aid manual and in line with British Red Cross policy.
- Willing to uphold the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and adhering to the Society’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses when on duty
Extensive ongoing training and peer support.
British Red Cross Foundation Course e-module (IN-FCEL)
Foundation Course (IN-FC)
Standard First Aid (SE-FA)
Safer Handling B (GE-SHB)
In addition to the above it is a requirement that 6 mandatory continuation training modules are undertaken each year by EFA service volunteers