Are you a qualified counsellor experienced in counselling primary-aged children? Do you have your own transport? If so, you might be able to help children in South Cheshire cope with how they're feeling.
Many children in South Cheshire need help to understand themselves and the challenges they're going through.
Do you have the training to counsel primary-aged children on a range of personal situations, challenges and emotions - often related to parental relationship breakdown?
Are you ready to use your existing counselling skills and experience to make a huge difference to local children?
Can you carry out the light admin associated with counselling and project monitoring?
Would you be happy to run appointments for half a day or one day each week?
If so, we would really appreciate your help and would love to talk with you.
We regret that this is not a counselling placement for undergraduates. We need experienced counsellors with a post-graduate counselling qualification. Thank you for understanding.
ESSENTIAL skills and qualities
* Qualified to Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling level, or beyond
* Some experience counselling children
* Have your own transport as you are likely to be at two or maybe three locations in one day. (We cover travel expenses to appointments.)
* Able to keep information about clients and wider service-users confidential
* Calm, caring, reliable, punctual
* Be an individual member of the BACP
* Willing to abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (2018)
* Be happy counselling at several different locations - a mix of schools and community settings
* Willing to learn how we treat clients and others
Local car/motorbike travel is refunded at 45p/24p per mile (up to a 5 mile radius from Jubilee House). If you are asked to volunteer over a lunch hour, expenses are refunded to a maximum of £3.
* Monthly supervision
* Opportunities to talk over how you feel things are going
Safeguarding is mandatory. Further training is also available. Recently, this has included First Aid, Stress Resilience and Mindfulness.