Title of Job – Museum Administrator P/T (20 hours)
Closing date: 20th August
To carry out bookkeeping, administrative and office duties to ensure the smooth running of the Museum.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Placing and processing orders; invoicing for goods and services provided by the Museum. Banking monies received and responsibility for petty cash.
- Maintaining financial spreadsheets and our accounting software, SAGE.
- Maintaining payroll information and transmitting financial information to the Treasurer.
- Ensuring that renewals (e.g. insurance) and licences are kept up to date
- Taking energy meter readings and ensuring that bills are correct.
- Taking and managing bookings for the Joseph Heler Room and the Millennium Gallery, as well as bookings for schools and education sessions.
- Dealing with Museum correspondence (including emails) as appropriate. Ensuring that documents are filed appropriately on computer and/or in paper form.
- Inputting information into various databases including the recording of key performance indicators. Word processing letters, forms and other documents as required. Answering and making telephone calls when necessary. Taking messages.
- Supervising volunteers and ensuring that the front desk is adequately staffed by volunteers and the desk and electronic diaries are kept up to date.
- Being a Museum key holder
- Creating and maintaining filing systems
- Photocopying and sending out documents, including minutes and agendas for Board and Trustee meetings.
- Undertaking any other administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Museum